Activities per year
• Course Leader BA Graphic Communication
• Module Leader Graphic Communications Projects 2
• Module Leader Graphic Communications Final Projects
• Project leader for the Design@Atrium project – building industry links and portfolios
Since graduating from Glamorgan University in 2001 I have worked for and with various design agencies surrounding the South Wales area. With a portfolio focused to Interactive design and additional skills in web programming and Photography I quickly gained enough experience to develop my own Graphic Design business. Working primarily for companies such as S4C my specialist area of work involved game development, interactive design and early learning development via the web platform. Since 2005 I have worked closely with InterHigh, developing an online educational system that offers an alternate route to traditional schooling. Over the last 5 years (and until taking on a full time lecturing position at the Atrium) I have continued working on various web development projects delivering functional interactive experiences through design. I have gained excellent experiences and exposure to various design practices through working with a broad variety of talented designers, illustrators, programmers and film makers. After 4 years working as a part time lecturer for Glamorgan University I moved into full time education teaching across the BA & MA Graphic Communication Courses.
• Course leadership and co-ordination of the course delivery
• Student experience
• Ensure that the academic delivery is effective
• Pastoral care and referrals to other support services as appropriate
• Effective engagement with and feedback from students
• Chairing course representative consultative meetings and undertaking course evaluation.
• To encourage and support course cohort participation in the NSS, preparing and implementing action plans as required in response to outcomes
• Recruitment, progression, retention and National Student Survey criteria
• Organisation of modules to include timetabling arrangements, the course annual assessment schedule, and attendance
• Implement an effective induction programme for students
• Inform effective marketing and promotion of the course
• Leading course validation, revalidation process and collating course documentation.
• To provide course leadership and co-ordination of course related activities in relation to recruitment, retention, progression, achievement and student experience.
• To liaise with partner colleges and professional bodies
• To liaise with external stakeholders
• Ensure the course meets University requirements, including in relation to quality assurance and enhancement.
• To ensure risk assessments are undertaken for relevant course-wide activities, such as student trips.
• Design Thinking & Process
• Pedagogical Practices in Graphic Communication
• Interactive Design
- 1 Similar Profiles