Alun Tomos started lecturing at the Atrium in 2008 when he was appointed to spearhead the development of the new Welsh Language provision within the Division of Music and Sound. This involved working closely with other HE Institutions in Wales and developing cross-institutional teaching and assessment methods which were used as a model for realising the Welsh Assembly Government’s commitment to establish a federal HE body in Wales (Coleg Cymraeg Cenhedlaethol).
• Home Is Where The Heart Is (2003) – released by Beats/Immtech in association with the Arts Council of Wales.
• Only Time Will Tell (2003) – Single released on Freeport Records Ltd. (London)
• Fantastic Sunday (Sunday Mirror Compilation CD) (2004) – Featured track Only Time Will Tell by Circus Normal.
• Circus Normal EP (2005) – released on Freeport Records Ltd. (London)
• Sounds Of the Catacombs (with Black Cesar) – Catacomb Records (2007)
• This Thing of Mine – Benn Willis (2010) (Circus Normal Records)
• Lecturer across two awards (BA Popular Music and BSc Music Technology) and project supervisor for MSc Music Engineering and Production.
• Module Leader for the following modules: Music Theory and Aural Investigations, Instrumental Studies 1, Instrumental Studies 2, Diwylliannau Cerddorol, Diwylliannau Cerddorol Cyfoes, Reflection on Learning in the Workplace and responsible for overseeing the franchising of the first three modules in three other institutions.
• Welsh language Teaching Fellow for the Division of Music and Sound, with responsibility for developing and delivering Welsh language and bilingual versions of our existing modules as well as developing new, cross-instituitional modules
• Also teaches on the following modules: Music in Production 1 and 2, Ensemble Studies 1 and 2, Arranging Techniques, Advanced Theory and Aural Investigation, Improvisational Approaches, Professional Project and Dissertation .
- 1 Similar Profiles