DescriptionOrganised by Dr Amoncar and Prof Deacon, The Entrepreneurial and Small Business Marketing Special Interest Group invited both new and established researchers to attend a forthcoming colloquium on Friday 20th April 2018 at the University of South Wales Business School, in the heart of the Rhondda Valley in Wales. In preparation for REF2020, our International Colloquium focused on current and future research projects and publication strategies.
Having developed, over the years, an open, supportive meeting with a retreat-style environment combined with the rigour of an academic conference. During the day we discussed our own research in-depth with other scholars in the field, have an opportunity to identify co-authors (for completed PhDs) and discuss and plan new joint research projects and joint publications in the field. The focus was on encouraging leading insightful research in the field of entrepreneurial and small business marketing. As in previous years, we will once again took the opportunity to encourage a ‘round-table’ discussion as a platform for our research discussions. We discussed and debated:
• The evolution of entrepreneurial marketing theory and practice
• Current issues in research in the field of entrepreneurial marketing and small business marketing
• Explore contributions of embryonic research and guide early career researchers in the development of innovative and impactful areas of the research field.
• Move the research Agenda forward in terms of supporting researchers in the group in their individual research and publication strategies and ideas for collaborative research and publications opportunities.
Invited speakers included:
Prof Audrey Gilmore (University of Ulster)
Dr Rosalind Jones (University of Birmingham)
|Period||20 Apr 2018|
|Event title||23rd International Colloquium on Entrepreneurial and Small Business Marketing : Centre for Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship|
|Location||Pontypridd, United KingdomShow on map|
|Degree of Recognition||National|
- Small Business
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- sme marketing
- Qualitative research