Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: Can the Anaconda™ Custom-Made Device Deliver? An International Perspective

Matti Jubouri, Abedalaziz O. Surkhi, Sven Z. C. P. Tan, Damian M. Bailey, Ian M. Williams, Mohamad Bashir*

*Awdur cyfatebol y gwaith hwn

Allbwn ymchwil: Cyfraniad at gyfnodolynErthygladolygiad gan gymheiriaid

14 Wedi eu Llwytho i Lawr (Pure)


Introduction: Since the introduction of endovascular aortic repair (EVAR), it has demonstrated excellent clinical outcomes and has replaced open surgical repair (OSR) in the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA). AAA is a life-threatening abnormal dilation of the abdominal aorta to 1.5 times its normal diameter. Several commercial EVAR devices exist on the global market, with the Terumo Aortic Fenestrated Anaconda™ graft showing superiority. In this study, we sought to provide an international perspective using multicenter-multinational data on the Anaconda™ device characteristics, design, and delivery, and discuss relevant literature. Materials and Methods: This study represents a cross-sectional international analysis of custom-made fenestrated Anaconda™ device. Ethical and legal approval for data collection was obtained from each of the local authorities. For the statistical analysis, SPSS 28 for Windows and R were utilized. Pearson’s chi-square analysis was used to assess differences in cumulative distribution frequencies between select variables. Statistical significance for all two-tailed tests was set at p < 0.05. Results: A total of 5,030 Anaconda™ devices were implanted during the 9-year study period in 27 countries spanning 6 continents. The predominant device category was bifurcate (83.6%), whereas the most common proximal ring stent configuration being standard (64.5%). All devices were delivered within 8 weeks of diagnosis, with most being implanted within 6–8 weeks (55.4%). The Anaconda™ was indicated in the 3,891 (77.4%) patients due to competitor rejection/inability to treat unsuitable/complex aortic anatomy. In the remaining 1,139 (22.6%) patients, it was utilized based on surgeon preference. Almost all devices (95%) were delivered along with a prototype. Of the total 5,030 Anaconda™ devices, 438 (8.7%) used 0–1 fenestrations, 2,349 (46.7%) used 2–3, while 2,243 (44.6%) utilized 4, 5, or 6 fenestrations. Discussion: The Terumo Aortic Fenestrated Anaconda™ device features a highly unique and innovative design that enables it to treat highly complex aortic anatomy while achieving excellent results. The Anaconda™’s custom-made approach allows it to be tailored to individual patient anatomy, in addition to the device prototype provided by Terumo Aortic optimize clinical outcomes. Finally, the fenestrated Anaconda™ is a highly versatile device offering a wide range of device categories, configurations, and sizes.
Iaith wreiddiolSaesneg
Rhif yr erthygl959149
Nifer y tudalennau9
CyfnodolynFrontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine
Dynodwyr Gwrthrych Digidol (DOIs)
StatwsCyhoeddwyd - 14 Gorff 2022

Ôl bys

Gweld gwybodaeth am bynciau ymchwil 'Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: Can the Anaconda™ Custom-Made Device Deliver? An International Perspective'. Gyda’i gilydd, maen nhw’n ffurfio ôl bys unigryw.

Dyfynnu hyn